Thursday, August 14, 2008

Please Help!!

We baked squash from our garden this week & decided to give Ella some & she really loved it!! This from a girl who would eat only half a jar of pureed baby food with coaxing:). I think she is ready for chunky real foods. :) I steamed carrots & broccoli yesterday & chopped them in tiny pieces & froze them in ice cube trays. Does anyone know of other veggies/ fruit that are good for this "stage"? She loves to pick up finger foods or anything she can really chew:) Also what are good/bad combos? Any info would be most helpful. Most of the recipes I'm finding on the Internet are for smooth pureed foods. Thanks:)

4 comments:

Becky Jaeger said...

Abby can eat everything if you make it abtainable to her. I just give her small chunks of food and she picks them up and eats. It was scary at first (I was worried that she would choke) but she is very capable. She loves to eat bananas right from the peel...of course i hold the banana...but I think that is her favorite. I add rice into vegtable purees to make it more solid and chunky too.

Becky Jaeger said...

They also have BABY SAFE FEEDERS...they look like little mesh popsicle sticks. You could put anything you want in them and Ella could eat/chew safely.

Rebekah Tastet said...

Sierra only has two bottom teeth but she loves anything that goes into her mouth! :) Fruits-bananas, watermelon(if it is cold-it soothes her gums!), applesauce, peaches.
She eats cubes of wheat bread, cheerios, and graham crackers for snacks!
Veggies-cooked carrots, broccoli, corn, green beans, peas. Most anything.
Pasta-she has even eaten spaghetti with ground turkey and loved it!
Babies are amazing! We don't realize how fast they adjust once they try something. Good luck!

Rebekah Tastet said...

Usually once babies start on the chunky stuff-they won't go back to the pureed stuff! :) That is normal.